GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - UPDATE 5:00 p.m.: Authorities have confirmed that the woman found in the car was 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey.
The investigation into how her car ended up in Watauga Lake is ongoing. We'll have more details as they're available.
We have new details about a car pulled from Watauga Lake in Johnson County on Monday.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department confirmed Wednesday morning the car belonged to Juanita Ramsey, a missing 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey of Chuckey.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department has been looking for Ramsey; she was last seen on Sunday.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the discovery of the car in the lake. THP investigators have not identified the body found inside the car.
We'll bring you more information as it's available.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor