GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - UPDATE 5:00 p.m.: Authorities have confirmed that the woman found in the car was 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey.
The investigation into how her car ended up in Watauga Lake is ongoing. We'll have more details as they're available.
We have new details about a car pulled from Watauga Lake in Johnson County on Monday.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department confirmed Wednesday morning the car belonged to Juanita Ramsey, a missing 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey of Chuckey.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department has been looking for Ramsey; she was last seen on Sunday.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the discovery of the car in the lake. THP investigators have not identified the body found inside the car.
We'll bring you more information as it's available.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City