GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - UPDATE 5:00 p.m.: Authorities have confirmed that the woman found in the car was 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey.
The investigation into how her car ended up in Watauga Lake is ongoing. We'll have more details as they're available.
We have new details about a car pulled from Watauga Lake in Johnson County on Monday.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department confirmed Wednesday morning the car belonged to Juanita Ramsey, a missing 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey of Chuckey.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department has been looking for Ramsey; she was last seen on Sunday.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the discovery of the car in the lake. THP investigators have not identified the body found inside the car.
We'll bring you more information as it's available.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport