GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - UPDATE 5:00 p.m.: Authorities have confirmed that the woman found in the car was 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey.
The investigation into how her car ended up in Watauga Lake is ongoing. We'll have more details as they're available.
We have new details about a car pulled from Watauga Lake in Johnson County on Monday.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department confirmed Wednesday morning the car belonged to Juanita Ramsey, a missing 81-year-old Juanita Ramsey of Chuckey.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department has been looking for Ramsey; she was last seen on Sunday.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the discovery of the car in the lake. THP investigators have not identified the body found inside the car.
We'll bring you more information as it's available.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting