Greene County rescue crews believe they have located the body of a man presumed drowned in the Nolichuckey River.
According to the Greene County Sheriff's Department searchers found the body floating on the surface among tree limbs along the river, not far from where he went missing along Birds Bridge Road.
Crews had been searching for 25-year-old Nahum Martinez Vidal since June 12. Authorities say he disappeared below the water after stepping off a sandbar and never resurfaced.
The body was taken to the Quillen College of Medicine for an autopsy and positive identification.
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court
- Updated Barter Theatre announces 2017 lineup