Greene County rescue crews believe they have located the body of a man presumed drowned in the Nolichuckey River.
According to the Greene County Sheriff's Department searchers found the body floating on the surface among tree limbs along the river, not far from where he went missing along Birds Bridge Road.
Crews had been searching for 25-year-old Nahum Martinez Vidal since June 12. Authorities say he disappeared below the water after stepping off a sandbar and never resurfaced.
The body was taken to the Quillen College of Medicine for an autopsy and positive identification.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon