Greene County rescue crews believe they have located the body of a man presumed drowned in the Nolichuckey River.
According to the Greene County Sheriff's Department searchers found the body floating on the surface among tree limbs along the river, not far from where he went missing along Birds Bridge Road.
Crews had been searching for 25-year-old Nahum Martinez Vidal since June 12. Authorities say he disappeared below the water after stepping off a sandbar and never resurfaced.
The body was taken to the Quillen College of Medicine for an autopsy and positive identification.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31