Greene County rescue crews believe they have located the body of a man presumed drowned in the Nolichuckey River.
According to the Greene County Sheriff's Department searchers found the body floating on the surface among tree limbs along the river, not far from where he went missing along Birds Bridge Road.
Crews had been searching for 25-year-old Nahum Martinez Vidal since June 12. Authorities say he disappeared below the water after stepping off a sandbar and never resurfaced.
The body was taken to the Quillen College of Medicine for an autopsy and positive identification.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport