GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Another person will be in the running for the Greene County Clerk's Office seat.
Becky Thompson announced her candidacy today and will be running against her husband David Thompson in the upcoming election.
Recently, David Thompson has been facing allegations of sexual overtures, electronic communications with sexual requests and content and also that he engaged in explicit sexual acts in his office during normal business hours during his tenure as County Clerk.
Six other people are also running for the seat on the Republican ticket. The last day to withdraw from the race is Thursday, February 27th.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody