GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Another person will be in the running for the Greene County Clerk's Office seat.
Becky Thompson announced her candidacy today and will be running against her husband David Thompson in the upcoming election.
Recently, David Thompson has been facing allegations of sexual overtures, electronic communications with sexual requests and content and also that he engaged in explicit sexual acts in his office during normal business hours during his tenure as County Clerk.
Six other people are also running for the seat on the Republican ticket. The last day to withdraw from the race is Thursday, February 27th.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport