GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Greeneville Police say they are investigating a weekend fire as a homicide.
Police Chief Terry Cannon said the fire started about 9:00 a.m. Sunday at a house on West Main Street in Greeneville.
Cannon told News 5 WCYB two people were in the home -- Elizabeth Cooter, who died in the fire, and Roger Aiken, who was injured.
Officers say the suspect who started the fire tried to cover up Cooter's murder.
They have not yet made any arrests, but interviewed several people on Monday.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury