GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Greeneville Police say they are investigating a weekend fire as a homicide.
Police Chief Terry Cannon said the fire started about 9:00 a.m. Sunday at a house on West Main Street in Greeneville.
Cannon told News 5 WCYB two people were in the home -- Elizabeth Cooter, who died in the fire, and Roger Aiken, who was injured.
Officers say the suspect who started the fire tried to cover up Cooter's murder.
They have not yet made any arrests, but interviewed several people on Monday.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument