GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Greeneville Police say they are investigating a weekend fire as a homicide.
Police Chief Terry Cannon said the fire started about 9:00 a.m. Sunday at a house on West Main Street in Greeneville.
Cannon told News 5 WCYB two people were in the home -- Elizabeth Cooter, who died in the fire, and Roger Aiken, who was injured.
Officers say the suspect who started the fire tried to cover up Cooter's murder.
They have not yet made any arrests, but interviewed several people on Monday.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School