GREENE COUNTY, Tenn - There will be a special police tribute for a 5-year-old Greene County boy who died in an ATV accident.
Sheriff's officials say Cody Landers was riding on a four wheeler with his grandfather when it crashed Thursday.
Police say the grandfather was not at fault.
Cody wanted to be a police officer and K-9 handler when he grew up.
To honor his memory, the sheriff's office is doing a special tribute at the visitation tonight and tomorrow: they will have their police dogs standing beside Cody's casket.
"We feel that this kid was so in love with our dogs, that we're just glad we can do something to honor him and that's what the parent's wanted," Said Sheriff Pat Hankins. "In a situation like this, it's so terrible, we want to do whatever we can to maybe make them feel just a little better in such a bad time."
Greeneville police are also honoring Cody as an honorary officer and K-9 handler.
He will be laid to rest Wednesday morning in North Carolina.
- New Latest poll shows tight race for Virginia governor's race
- New WATCH: Ron Howard releases name of Han Solo feature coming in May
- Pound police seize drugs, guns, thousand rounds of ammo in "frightening" discovery
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Police: Mother placed toddlers in oven, turned it on