GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a Greeneville woman, battling breast cancer got quite a surprise from her new husband.
At the Teagues' Greeneville house, pink is in full bloom this October.
Susan Crum-Teague, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, was having a bad day a few weeks ago. "You never think it's going to happen to you. You hear so much about breast cancer but you never think you're going to get that news," says Susan Crum-Teague.
Her husband wanted to make her smile, so he decided to surprise his wife and decorate their home for fall with everything pink, even pink pumpkins.
Susan says it's been so nice to look at, considering everything she's going through. "I couldn't believe it. It was gorgeous. It was beautiful. It amazed me," said Crum-Teague.
Susan tells us the neighbors love it, and their decor has quickly become the talk of the town. People drive by it and even take pictures.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting