A Greene County man, convicted of solicitation of first degree murder, will get a new sentencing hearing.
William Franklin Robinette was convicted of two counts of soliciting first degree premeditated murder. He was sentenced to 20-years in state prison for each conviction.
Robinette appealed on grounds of insufficient evidence, trial court error and the sentence imposed by the trial court.
While the appeals court upheld Robinette's convictions the judges did find error in the sentencing phase. That led to a new sentence hearing.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day