A Greene County man, convicted of solicitation of first degree murder, will get a new sentencing hearing.
William Franklin Robinette was convicted of two counts of soliciting first degree premeditated murder. He was sentenced to 20-years in state prison for each conviction.
Robinette appealed on grounds of insufficient evidence, trial court error and the sentence imposed by the trial court.
While the appeals court upheld Robinette's convictions the judges did find error in the sentencing phase. That led to a new sentence hearing.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia