A Greene County man, convicted of solicitation of first degree murder, will get a new sentencing hearing.
William Franklin Robinette was convicted of two counts of soliciting first degree premeditated murder. He was sentenced to 20-years in state prison for each conviction.
Robinette appealed on grounds of insufficient evidence, trial court error and the sentence imposed by the trial court.
While the appeals court upheld Robinette's convictions the judges did find error in the sentencing phase. That led to a new sentence hearing.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport