GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man was killed when he crashed following a chase with Greeneville Police.
Tennessee Highway Patrol says 74-year-old David Fillers of Greeneville was involved in a hit-and-run with a Greeneville Police cruiser on Park Street Sunday night. Police say he sped from the scene after hitting the vehicle.
Officers say Fillers eventually lost control around a curve on East McKee Street, hit a guardrail on the right side of the road, and then hit two trees.
Fillers was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the SUV. He did not survive his injuries.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport