GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man was killed when he crashed following a chase with Greeneville Police.
Tennessee Highway Patrol says 74-year-old David Fillers of Greeneville was involved in a hit-and-run with a Greeneville Police cruiser on Park Street Sunday night. Police say he sped from the scene after hitting the vehicle.
Officers say Fillers eventually lost control around a curve on East McKee Street, hit a guardrail on the right side of the road, and then hit two trees.
Fillers was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the SUV. He did not survive his injuries.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest