GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man was killed when he crashed following a chase with Greeneville Police.
Tennessee Highway Patrol says 74-year-old David Fillers of Greeneville was involved in a hit-and-run with a Greeneville Police cruiser on Park Street Sunday night. Police say he sped from the scene after hitting the vehicle.
Officers say Fillers eventually lost control around a curve on East McKee Street, hit a guardrail on the right side of the road, and then hit two trees.
Fillers was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the SUV. He did not survive his injuries.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy