GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man was killed when he crashed following a chase with Greeneville Police.
Tennessee Highway Patrol says 74-year-old David Fillers of Greeneville was involved in a hit-and-run with a Greeneville Police cruiser on Park Street Sunday night. Police say he sped from the scene after hitting the vehicle.
Officers say Fillers eventually lost control around a curve on East McKee Street, hit a guardrail on the right side of the road, and then hit two trees.
Fillers was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the SUV. He did not survive his injuries.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- New Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Updated Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace