GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Greeneville Police arrested a man they say posed as a teenager to lure a teenage girl into sex.
Police arrested Joel David Cormier on charges of aggravated statutory rape. Officers say the 26-year-old Cormier met a 15-year-old girl on the internet and then engaged in sexual activity with her on two different occasions.
Investigators say he used names Phillip Benton and Matt Briarton, and claimed to be 18 years old on online profiles that he created on two different social networking sites.
He was arrested by officers in Sullivan County. We're told investigators in Sullivan County are looking into any possible connection to similar activity in that county.
Anyone with information related to Cormier or the aliases he is accused of using is asked to contact Greeneville Police at (423) 783-2802.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school