GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Friday is the start for a busy weekend for churches in our area.
March 29 is Good Friday, the day Jesus was crucified, leading up to Easter Sunday, which is when Christians believe he rose from the dead.
We spoke to the children's pastor at Greeneville First Baptist Church, who tells us this weekend is one of the biggest for attendance and they work around the clock to prepare to make it meaningful for everyone who walks through their doors. "It's so crucial that they come and hear and they understand," said Dianne Woody.
Woody said the church would be performing a play this Easter Sunday, called Portraits of the Passion.
It's just one of the many Easter events taking place throughout the region.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting