GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Friday is the start for a busy weekend for churches in our area.
March 29 is Good Friday, the day Jesus was crucified, leading up to Easter Sunday, which is when Christians believe he rose from the dead.
We spoke to the children's pastor at Greeneville First Baptist Church, who tells us this weekend is one of the biggest for attendance and they work around the clock to prepare to make it meaningful for everyone who walks through their doors. "It's so crucial that they come and hear and they understand," said Dianne Woody.
Woody said the church would be performing a play this Easter Sunday, called Portraits of the Passion.
It's just one of the many Easter events taking place throughout the region.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash