GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Friday is the start for a busy weekend for churches in our area.
March 29 is Good Friday, the day Jesus was crucified, leading up to Easter Sunday, which is when Christians believe he rose from the dead.
We spoke to the children's pastor at Greeneville First Baptist Church, who tells us this weekend is one of the biggest for attendance and they work around the clock to prepare to make it meaningful for everyone who walks through their doors. "It's so crucial that they come and hear and they understand," said Dianne Woody.
Woody said the church would be performing a play this Easter Sunday, called Portraits of the Passion.
It's just one of the many Easter events taking place throughout the region.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman