GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One person has died and another victim was hurt in a crash on Interstate 81 in Greene County Sunday.
About 3:20 a.m., the Tennessee Highway Patrol said a pickup truck was traveling southbound when the driver left the roadway and hit a guardrail.
The pickup overturned, causing the driver to be thrown from the vehicle. The pickup came to rest on the west side of the interstate.
Troopers said the driver, 22-year-old Corbin Begley of Kingsport, died in the wreck.
Begley's passenger, Rachel Carter, 22, of Fall Branch was hurt.
Investigators do not believe drugs or alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Troopers have not determined why the driver lost control.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University