GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One person has died and another victim was hurt in a crash on Interstate 81 in Greene County Sunday.
About 3:20 a.m., the Tennessee Highway Patrol said a pickup truck was traveling southbound when the driver left the roadway and hit a guardrail.
The pickup overturned, causing the driver to be thrown from the vehicle. The pickup came to rest on the west side of the interstate.
Troopers said the driver, 22-year-old Corbin Begley of Kingsport, died in the wreck.
Begley's passenger, Rachel Carter, 22, of Fall Branch was hurt.
Investigators do not believe drugs or alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Troopers have not determined why the driver lost control.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital