GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One person has died and another victim was hurt in a crash on Interstate 81 in Greene County Sunday.
About 3:20 a.m., the Tennessee Highway Patrol said a pickup truck was traveling southbound when the driver left the roadway and hit a guardrail.
The pickup overturned, causing the driver to be thrown from the vehicle. The pickup came to rest on the west side of the interstate.
Troopers said the driver, 22-year-old Corbin Begley of Kingsport, died in the wreck.
Begley's passenger, Rachel Carter, 22, of Fall Branch was hurt.
Investigators do not believe drugs or alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Troopers have not determined why the driver lost control.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane