GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One person has died and another victim was hurt in a crash on Interstate 81 in Greene County Sunday.
About 3:20 a.m., the Tennessee Highway Patrol said a pickup truck was traveling southbound when the driver left the roadway and hit a guardrail.
The pickup overturned, causing the driver to be thrown from the vehicle. The pickup came to rest on the west side of the interstate.
Troopers said the driver, 22-year-old Corbin Begley of Kingsport, died in the wreck.
Begley's passenger, Rachel Carter, 22, of Fall Branch was hurt.
Investigators do not believe drugs or alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Troopers have not determined why the driver lost control.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City