GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One person has died and another victim was hurt in a crash on Interstate 81 in Greene County Sunday.
About 3:20 a.m., the Tennessee Highway Patrol said a pickup truck was traveling southbound when the driver left the roadway and hit a guardrail.
The pickup overturned, causing the driver to be thrown from the vehicle. The pickup came to rest on the west side of the interstate.
Troopers said the driver, 22-year-old Corbin Begley of Kingsport, died in the wreck.
Begley's passenger, Rachel Carter, 22, of Fall Branch was hurt.
Investigators do not believe drugs or alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Troopers have not determined why the driver lost control.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court