GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The inventor and founder of an air purification system, Air Restore, says the wheels are in motion to bring jobs to Greene County from China.
"[Jobs] did go to China, and after you've been there a little while you [wonder], 'Why on Earth did I even do that?' We can build a better product, the workforce in East Tennessee is comparable to nowhere and they build quality products. They're loyal, they're dedicated, and they can do the job, and we can make money," said Air Restore founder Bill Converse.
The company hopes to be in operation in Greene County by the third business quarter of next year.
They are not yet accepting applications.
Converse said the move could eventually mean hundreds of jobs for the county.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue