GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The inventor and founder of an air purification system, Air Restore, says the wheels are in motion to bring jobs to Greene County from China.
"[Jobs] did go to China, and after you've been there a little while you [wonder], 'Why on Earth did I even do that?' We can build a better product, the workforce in East Tennessee is comparable to nowhere and they build quality products. They're loyal, they're dedicated, and they can do the job, and we can make money," said Air Restore founder Bill Converse.
The company hopes to be in operation in Greene County by the third business quarter of next year.
They are not yet accepting applications.
Converse said the move could eventually mean hundreds of jobs for the county.
- New Cleaning crews make 'needle sweep' in Pennington Gap park
- Updated MUST WATCH: Race car drivers clash and crash...then one gets shocked by police
- New As overdoses rise in Tennessee, so does pill waste surrender
- Gov. declares state of emergency for Florida in advance of white nationalist speech
- House Speaker Harwell calls for hearings after latest TNReady mistake