GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The inventor and founder of an air purification system, Air Restore, says the wheels are in motion to bring jobs to Greene County from China.
"[Jobs] did go to China, and after you've been there a little while you [wonder], 'Why on Earth did I even do that?' We can build a better product, the workforce in East Tennessee is comparable to nowhere and they build quality products. They're loyal, they're dedicated, and they can do the job, and we can make money," said Air Restore founder Bill Converse.
The company hopes to be in operation in Greene County by the third business quarter of next year.
They are not yet accepting applications.
Converse said the move could eventually mean hundreds of jobs for the county.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals