GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - It's been a problem plaguing Greene County for some time, but it doesn't seem like there are any plans to fix the overcrowding issue in the county jail.
According to Fred Malone, a county commissioner and the head of the jail committee, the county commission voted 'no' to the idea of building a new jail.
Now, there aren't any plans on the table to solve the overcrowding problem.
Malone says the next meeting to talk about the jail is February 27.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program