GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - It's been a problem plaguing Greene County for some time, but it doesn't seem like there are any plans to fix the overcrowding issue in the county jail.
According to Fred Malone, a county commissioner and the head of the jail committee, the county commission voted 'no' to the idea of building a new jail.
Now, there aren't any plans on the table to solve the overcrowding problem.
Malone says the next meeting to talk about the jail is February 27.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting