GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Jamie Fincher has been named as Greene County's interim county clerk.
At a special called session of the county commission on Tuesday, commissioners named the long time employee of the clerk's office the interim county clerk.
This comes a week after David Thompson resigned from office. It was part of a deal to have an ouster lawsuit against him dropped. The lawsuit accused Thompson of sexual misconduct by employees who worked for him. Thompson denies those allegations. Fincher will hold the job until the August election.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo