GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Jamie Fincher has been named as Greene County's interim county clerk.
At a special called session of the county commission on Tuesday, commissioners named the long time employee of the clerk's office the interim county clerk.
This comes a week after David Thompson resigned from office. It was part of a deal to have an ouster lawsuit against him dropped. The lawsuit accused Thompson of sexual misconduct by employees who worked for him. Thompson denies those allegations. Fincher will hold the job until the August election.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend