GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Jamie Fincher has been named as Greene County's interim county clerk.
At a special called session of the county commission on Tuesday, commissioners named the long time employee of the clerk's office the interim county clerk.
This comes a week after David Thompson resigned from office. It was part of a deal to have an ouster lawsuit against him dropped. The lawsuit accused Thompson of sexual misconduct by employees who worked for him. Thompson denies those allegations. Fincher will hold the job until the August election.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane