GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Jamie Fincher has been named as Greene County's interim county clerk.
At a special called session of the county commission on Tuesday, commissioners named the long time employee of the clerk's office the interim county clerk.
This comes a week after David Thompson resigned from office. It was part of a deal to have an ouster lawsuit against him dropped. The lawsuit accused Thompson of sexual misconduct by employees who worked for him. Thompson denies those allegations. Fincher will hold the job until the August election.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec