GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Two exciting additions have been made to "American Downtown," Greeneville's free family Fourth of July celebration.
Several downtown churches are planning to ring their bells to "Let Freedom Ring" at 2 p.m. to kick off the festivities.
Concluding the celebration in true patriotic style will be the historic re-lighting of the recently restored electric flag atop the former First National Bank building on South Main Street.
The flag is visible from some areas of the Big Spring, where the majority of the festivities are planned, rain or shine, on Thursday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash