GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Polling precincts were hopping in Greeneville as people turned out to vote on a couple of major county offices.
The race to fill the county mayor's position is one of the top draws for people to get to the polls, as well as the sheriff's race. Allan Broyles' retirement opened up the county mayor position.
Anna Cannon, a Greeneville voter, would like to see more people voting. "I think we should exercise our right to vote. It's just something that everybody should do, and it's sad that so many people don't come out to the polls," she said.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University