GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Polling precincts were hopping in Greeneville as people turned out to vote on a couple of major county offices.
The race to fill the county mayor's position is one of the top draws for people to get to the polls, as well as the sheriff's race. Allan Broyles' retirement opened up the county mayor position.
Anna Cannon, a Greeneville voter, would like to see more people voting. "I think we should exercise our right to vote. It's just something that everybody should do, and it's sad that so many people don't come out to the polls," she said.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon