GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Polling precincts were hopping in Greeneville as people turned out to vote on a couple of major county offices.
The race to fill the county mayor's position is one of the top draws for people to get to the polls, as well as the sheriff's race. Allan Broyles' retirement opened up the county mayor position.
Anna Cannon, a Greeneville voter, would like to see more people voting. "I think we should exercise our right to vote. It's just something that everybody should do, and it's sad that so many people don't come out to the polls," she said.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial