GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Polling precincts were hopping in Greeneville as people turned out to vote on a couple of major county offices.
The race to fill the county mayor's position is one of the top draws for people to get to the polls, as well as the sheriff's race. Allan Broyles' retirement opened up the county mayor position.
Anna Cannon, a Greeneville voter, would like to see more people voting. "I think we should exercise our right to vote. It's just something that everybody should do, and it's sad that so many people don't come out to the polls," she said.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury