GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - One person is dead and two others are injured after a crash involving a motorcycle in Greeneville.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5 that around 4 p.m. Monday afternoon a motorcycle was headed south on Mount Hebron Road when a car pulled out, attempting to turn left. The motorcycle crashed into the driver's side of the car.
The driver of the motorcycle, 42-year-old James Kirkpatrick, was killed. His passenger, 24-year-old Holly Ricker was injured along with the driver of the car, 85-year-old Mary Hankal was also injured.
Hankal has been cited for failure to yield. No criminal charges have been filed.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave