GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Greene County authorities are searching for a suspect in what they're calling an armed robbery.
We're told it happened on the Asheville Highway around 6:00 p.m. Saturday evening.
Police say a man and woman were on the side of the highway with their hood propped up as if they were having car trouble. They say the woman was holding what appeared to be a baby while attempting to flag someone down to help.
Authorities say when another motorist did stop to help, a third man armed with a handgun confronted the victim and demanded money.
The suspects all left in a red SUV, similar to the one pictured above.
The sheriff's office asks if you have any information to please call them at (423) 798-1800.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program