GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - We've learned three lawsuits have been filed relating to Greene County's jail overcrowding.
This comes as county commissioners continue to explore ways to get the jail recertified by the state.
We learned the Greene County courthouse and workhouse committee members are still considering buying and renovating the old Magnavox plant to house inmates, but they are also exploring other smaller properties and options.
The committee plans to meet later this week to discuss the options.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial