GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - We've learned three lawsuits have been filed relating to Greene County's jail overcrowding.
This comes as county commissioners continue to explore ways to get the jail recertified by the state.
We learned the Greene County courthouse and workhouse committee members are still considering buying and renovating the old Magnavox plant to house inmates, but they are also exploring other smaller properties and options.
The committee plans to meet later this week to discuss the options.
- New Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day