GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - We've learned three lawsuits have been filed relating to Greene County's jail overcrowding.
This comes as county commissioners continue to explore ways to get the jail recertified by the state.
We learned the Greene County courthouse and workhouse committee members are still considering buying and renovating the old Magnavox plant to house inmates, but they are also exploring other smaller properties and options.
The committee plans to meet later this week to discuss the options.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City