GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Two Greene County corrections officers ended up inside the jail cells they once guarded.
Investigators say the two accepted bribes to smuggle contraband inside the county detention center.
News 5 obtained a copy of the arrest warrants for Glenn Allen Johnson and Charles Jason Shelton. We learned both are charged with bribery of a public servant after drugs and tobacco were found inside the county jail back in March.
Both Johnson and Shelton told investigators in written statements they smuggled the items into the jail for inmates in exchange for cash. The two were fired after an internal investigation.
They were released from jail on bond and will appear in court today.
Glenn Allen Johnson
Charles Jason Shelton
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash