GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Two Greene County corrections officers ended up inside the jail cells they once guarded.
Investigators say the two accepted bribes to smuggle contraband inside the county detention center.
News 5 obtained a copy of the arrest warrants for Glenn Allen Johnson and Charles Jason Shelton. We learned both are charged with bribery of a public servant after drugs and tobacco were found inside the county jail back in March.
Both Johnson and Shelton told investigators in written statements they smuggled the items into the jail for inmates in exchange for cash. The two were fired after an internal investigation.
They were released from jail on bond and will appear in court today.
Glenn Allen Johnson
Charles Jason Shelton
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial