GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Greene County Commission is formally accepting the resignation of County Clerk David Thompson.
Thompson resigned on the 14th. As a condition of his resignation, the ouster lawsuit filed against him last month, would be dropped.
In that suit, Thompson was accused of sexual misconduct from employees.
Thompson denies those allegations.
The commission is holding a meeting on Tuesday night to vote on an interim county clerk. That person would serve until the August election.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial