GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Greene County Commission is formally accepting the resignation of County Clerk David Thompson.
Thompson resigned on the 14th. As a condition of his resignation, the ouster lawsuit filed against him last month, would be dropped.
In that suit, Thompson was accused of sexual misconduct from employees.
Thompson denies those allegations.
The commission is holding a meeting on Tuesday night to vote on an interim county clerk. That person would serve until the August election.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day