GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Greene County Commission is formally accepting the resignation of County Clerk David Thompson.
Thompson resigned on the 14th. As a condition of his resignation, the ouster lawsuit filed against him last month, would be dropped.
In that suit, Thompson was accused of sexual misconduct from employees.
Thompson denies those allegations.
The commission is holding a meeting on Tuesday night to vote on an interim county clerk. That person would serve until the August election.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man