GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Greene County Commission is formally accepting the resignation of County Clerk David Thompson.
Thompson resigned on the 14th. As a condition of his resignation, the ouster lawsuit filed against him last month, would be dropped.
In that suit, Thompson was accused of sexual misconduct from employees.
Thompson denies those allegations.
The commission is holding a meeting on Tuesday night to vote on an interim county clerk. That person would serve until the August election.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities