GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Greene County Commission is formally accepting the resignation of County Clerk David Thompson.
Thompson resigned on the 14th. As a condition of his resignation, the ouster lawsuit filed against him last month, would be dropped.
In that suit, Thompson was accused of sexual misconduct from employees.
Thompson denies those allegations.
The commission is holding a meeting on Tuesday night to vote on an interim county clerk. That person would serve until the August election.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash