GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Greene County clerk David Thompson says he will resign from his office effective March 14.
Thompson withdrew his petition to run for another term as county clerk last week. Click here to read more.
An ouster suit filed last month claims that former employees of Thompson gave testimony in sworn affidavits which state that he engaged in sexual overtures and electronic communications with sexual requests. Click here to read more.
According to court documents, Thompson has agreed to turnover all passwords to county computers.
It also says he cannot run for any office in Greene County over the next four years.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations