GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Greene County clerk David Thompson says he will resign from his office effective March 14.
Thompson withdrew his petition to run for another term as county clerk last week. Click here to read more.
An ouster suit filed last month claims that former employees of Thompson gave testimony in sworn affidavits which state that he engaged in sexual overtures and electronic communications with sexual requests. Click here to read more.
According to court documents, Thompson has agreed to turnover all passwords to county computers.
It also says he cannot run for any office in Greene County over the next four years.
- New Another 'Chicken Head Mafia' member sentenced in drug case
- 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities