Investigators have identified the body that was found in a creek on Saturday in Greene County.
The body was found along Camp Creek Road.
Officers with the sheriff's department say the man was 29-year-old Scottie Gilland of Round Knob Road.
They say he was last seen July 29 when deputies stopped his the car he was in and tried to arrest him. That's when deputies say he took off running.
We're told Gilland had outstanding arrest warrants.
Investigators tells us foul play is not suspected.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day