Investigators have identified the body that was found in a creek on Saturday in Greene County.
The body was found along Camp Creek Road.
Officers with the sheriff's department say the man was 29-year-old Scottie Gilland of Round Knob Road.
They say he was last seen July 29 when deputies stopped his the car he was in and tried to arrest him. That's when deputies say he took off running.
We're told Gilland had outstanding arrest warrants.
Investigators tells us foul play is not suspected.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough