GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Several days of rain is putting a damper on firework sales in the region.
News 5 stopped by the Wild Wilma's Store in Greene County and found out fewer folks have been visiting to purchase fireworks.
Owner Robin Horner says he doesn't think it's just the rain that's hampering sales. "Last year was the worst year in our history. They are a little off due to the competition, economy as a general rule. I think that made the sales go down some," said Horner.
There is some good news for fireworks enthusiasts -- Horner says you can still set off fireworks in the rain, as long as the fuse doesn't get wet.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project