GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Several days of rain is putting a damper on firework sales in the region.
News 5 stopped by the Wild Wilma's Store in Greene County and found out fewer folks have been visiting to purchase fireworks.
Owner Robin Horner says he doesn't think it's just the rain that's hampering sales. "Last year was the worst year in our history. They are a little off due to the competition, economy as a general rule. I think that made the sales go down some," said Horner.
There is some good news for fireworks enthusiasts -- Horner says you can still set off fireworks in the rain, as long as the fuse doesn't get wet.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin