GREENVILLE, Tenn. - A fire caused some damage to a manufacturing plant in part of our region.
We found out from WGRV radio station in Greeneville that a fire broke out at The Parker Hannifin Plant on Snapps Ferry Road just after 8:30 last night.
According to Greeneville Fire Chief Mark Foulks, large transformers on the front side of the building caught fire leaking oil and creating thick black smoke and heavy flames.
Employees inside the plant were evacuated safely and no one was hurt.
Damage was limited to the metal skin on the outside of the building,but there was no damage reported to the inside of the plant.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest