ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - A Greeneville man convicted of killing his police officer father is asking the court for a new trial.
Attorneys for Ethan Self filed the motion in Hawkins County Circuit Court last week.
According to the court clerk's office, the defense team listed at least 20 reasons they believe Self should be granted a new trail.
Self was convicted in August 2013 of killing is father, Greeneville police officer Roger Self inside their home in 2010. He was sentenced to life in prison. Click here to read more.
A hearing is set for November 25th in Rogersville.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College