GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One of the biggest employers in Greene County is expanding, adding square feet and more jobs.
DTR Tennessee, Inc. announced Thursday it is adding a new 27,000 square foot rubber-mixing facility to its Midland plant.
The company makes automotive parts for Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
The expansion is a $12 million project includes adding 20 jobs.
"I think the expansion signifies we're going to be here for the long term," said Cal Doty, Vice President of Human Resources at DTR. "It's a good investment for our company."
DTR currently employes about 710 people. They hope the expansion will be done by January 2014 and it will help them export products to Poland and Mexico.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project