GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - One of the biggest employers in Greene County is expanding, adding square feet and more jobs.
DTR Tennessee, Inc. announced Thursday it is adding a new 27,000 square foot rubber-mixing facility to its Midland plant.
The company makes automotive parts for Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
The expansion is a $12 million project includes adding 20 jobs.
"I think the expansion signifies we're going to be here for the long term," said Cal Doty, Vice President of Human Resources at DTR. "It's a good investment for our company."
DTR currently employes about 710 people. They hope the expansion will be done by January 2014 and it will help them export products to Poland and Mexico.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities