GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A doctor and his wife, who were both convicted of ordering medications not approved or inspected by the Food and Drug Administration, are expected to be sentenced in federal court Wednesday.
Dr. Anineya Kumar Sen and his wife Patricia were found guilty on 29 misdemeanor violations in December 2013, after they were indicted in June. They owned the East Tennessee Cancer and Blood Center.
Each could face 29 years in federal prison and $2.9 million in fines.
Their sentencing is set for 1:30 Wednesday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Greeneville, Tennessee.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development