GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A doctor and his wife, who were both convicted of ordering medications not approved or inspected by the Food and Drug Administration, are expected to be sentenced in federal court Wednesday.
Dr. Anineya Kumar Sen and his wife Patricia were found guilty on 29 misdemeanor violations in December 2013, after they were indicted in June. They owned the East Tennessee Cancer and Blood Center.
Each could face 29 years in federal prison and $2.9 million in fines.
Their sentencing is set for 1:30 Wednesday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Greeneville, Tennessee.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex