GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A local doctor is pleading guilty to additional charges in federal court.
In July 2013, federal authorities raided Dr. Wayne Locklear's office in Greeneville. According to court documents, prior to that, Locklear was arrested for possession of crack cocaine and was released on bond.
Police say about a week later they arrested Locklear again at a Greeneville hotel. Officers say he had more than six grams of crack cocaine.
Locklear pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute cocaine and conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud. His sentencing is scheduled for September 22.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect