GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A local doctor is pleading guilty to additional charges in federal court.
In July 2013, federal authorities raided Dr. Wayne Locklear's office in Greeneville. According to court documents, prior to that, Locklear was arrested for possession of crack cocaine and was released on bond.
Police say about a week later they arrested Locklear again at a Greeneville hotel. Officers say he had more than six grams of crack cocaine.
Locklear pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute cocaine and conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud. His sentencing is scheduled for September 22.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting