GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - A major industry construction project is behind schedule.
US Nitrogen broke ground last February in Greene County and was expected to be done by October 2013.
Now, officials believe it's six months behind schedule and won't be finished until March 2014.
Tom Ferguson, with the Greene County Partnership, explained the delay is because of construction complications.
"This isn't something you order or get out of the back room, you have to design this as you go along. So the engineering is taking a bit longer."
Ferguson said the $200 million project is the largest capital investment in Greene County history.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals