GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - A major industry construction project is behind schedule.
US Nitrogen broke ground last February in Greene County and was expected to be done by October 2013.
Now, officials believe it's six months behind schedule and won't be finished until March 2014.
Tom Ferguson, with the Greene County Partnership, explained the delay is because of construction complications.
"This isn't something you order or get out of the back room, you have to design this as you go along. So the engineering is taking a bit longer."
Ferguson said the $200 million project is the largest capital investment in Greene County history.
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy