GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A charge against a Tennessee State Representative has been changed.
Representative David Hawk of Greeneville now faces an aggravated assault charge in connection with an incident back in March of 2012.
Hawk's wife, Crystal Hawk, testified that Hawk threw her out of bed, then struck her in the face.
Representative Hawk denies hitting his wife, instead claiming she pulled a gun on him and threatened to shoot him.
He now has until May 23 to enter a plea or a trial date will be set for September 16-18.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death