GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A charge against a Tennessee State Representative has been changed.
Representative David Hawk of Greeneville now faces an aggravated assault charge in connection with an incident back in March of 2012.
Hawk's wife, Crystal Hawk, testified that Hawk threw her out of bed, then struck her in the face.
Representative Hawk denies hitting his wife, instead claiming she pulled a gun on him and threatened to shoot him.
He now has until May 23 to enter a plea or a trial date will be set for September 16-18.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next