GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A charge against a Tennessee State Representative has been changed.
Representative David Hawk of Greeneville now faces an aggravated assault charge in connection with an incident back in March of 2012.
Hawk's wife, Crystal Hawk, testified that Hawk threw her out of bed, then struck her in the face.
Representative Hawk denies hitting his wife, instead claiming she pulled a gun on him and threatened to shoot him.
He now has until May 23 to enter a plea or a trial date will be set for September 16-18.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University