GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A charge against a Tennessee State Representative has been changed.
Representative David Hawk of Greeneville now faces an aggravated assault charge in connection with an incident back in March of 2012.
Hawk's wife, Crystal Hawk, testified that Hawk threw her out of bed, then struck her in the face.
Representative Hawk denies hitting his wife, instead claiming she pulled a gun on him and threatened to shoot him.
He now has until May 23 to enter a plea or a trial date will be set for September 16-18.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin