GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - The Andrew Johnson National Historic Site issued the following press release on January 9, 2013:
"The Andrew Johnson National Cemetery will remove the wreaths from the Wreath Across America program on January 12, 2013. All other Christmas wreathes and floral blankets from the national cemetery will be removed on January 14, 2013 in order to resume routine maintenance of the cemetery.
Artificial flowers are only permitted in the cemetery from November 1 to April 1.
Live flowers are permitted year round and are removed by the cemetery staff when they become unsightly.
It is suggested that individuals remove wanted flowers before the above date.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities