GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - The Andrew Johnson National Historic Site issued the following press release on January 9, 2013:
"The Andrew Johnson National Cemetery will remove the wreaths from the Wreath Across America program on January 12, 2013. All other Christmas wreathes and floral blankets from the national cemetery will be removed on January 14, 2013 in order to resume routine maintenance of the cemetery.
Artificial flowers are only permitted in the cemetery from November 1 to April 1.
Live flowers are permitted year round and are removed by the cemetery staff when they become unsightly.
It is suggested that individuals remove wanted flowers before the above date.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway