GREENE COUNTY,Tenn. - Greene County is looking for more space for its jail, and there are two options on the table. The jail can be renovated its existing space downtown or a new Justice Center can be constructed.
Right now the County Commission is collecting bids from a couple of design firms to create a facility with 350-360 beds, four courtrooms, office space, and parking. The facility also includes the ability to expand up to 600 beds in the future.
The project could cost between 40 and 60 million dollars, and take about 3 months to build, once the planning phase is complete.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash