GREENE COUNTY,Tenn. - Greene County is looking for more space for its jail, and there are two options on the table. The jail can be renovated its existing space downtown or a new Justice Center can be constructed.
Right now the County Commission is collecting bids from a couple of design firms to create a facility with 350-360 beds, four courtrooms, office space, and parking. The facility also includes the ability to expand up to 600 beds in the future.
The project could cost between 40 and 60 million dollars, and take about 3 months to build, once the planning phase is complete.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape