GREENE COUNTY,Tenn. - Greene County is looking for more space for its jail, and there are two options on the table. The jail can be renovated its existing space downtown or a new Justice Center can be constructed.
Right now the County Commission is collecting bids from a couple of design firms to create a facility with 350-360 beds, four courtrooms, office space, and parking. The facility also includes the ability to expand up to 600 beds in the future.
The project could cost between 40 and 60 million dollars, and take about 3 months to build, once the planning phase is complete.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man