GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Search crews looking for a man missing since late July found a man's body Saturday afternoon along Camp Creek Road in Greene County.
Sheriff's department investigators say they are now trying to determine if it's the same man.
29-year-old Scotty Gilland of Round Knob Road, who was last seen July 29 when sheriff's deputies stopped the car he was in and tried to arrest him. He took off running.
We're told Gilland had outstanding arrest warrants
The body was found along a creek bed. Authorities are waiting on autopsy results to make a positive identification.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting