LIMESTONE, Tenn. - Brights Zoo is mourning the loss of its new baby giraffe.
According to the zoo's Facebook page, around seven Wednesday night they brought the giraffe in for a routine check up and he seemed unresponsive. About 40 minutes later, the giraffe passed away.
His body is being taken to UT Veterinary Clinic for a necropsy, the animal form of an autopsy.
This was the fourth giraffe born at Brights Zoo. The zoo says the entire staff is devastated and heartbroken.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood