LIMESTONE, Tenn. - Brights Zoo is mourning the loss of its new baby giraffe.
According to the zoo's Facebook page, around seven Wednesday night they brought the giraffe in for a routine check up and he seemed unresponsive. About 40 minutes later, the giraffe passed away.
His body is being taken to UT Veterinary Clinic for a necropsy, the animal form of an autopsy.
This was the fourth giraffe born at Brights Zoo. The zoo says the entire staff is devastated and heartbroken.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin