LIMESTONE, Tenn. - Brights Zoo is mourning the loss of its new baby giraffe.
According to the zoo's Facebook page, around seven Wednesday night they brought the giraffe in for a routine check up and he seemed unresponsive. About 40 minutes later, the giraffe passed away.
His body is being taken to UT Veterinary Clinic for a necropsy, the animal form of an autopsy.
This was the fourth giraffe born at Brights Zoo. The zoo says the entire staff is devastated and heartbroken.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City