A fire early Monday morning destroyed a business along Asheville Highway in Greene County.
The fire began at Freddie's Pawn Shop in a camper that was parked next to the building. Flames began entering the pawn shop which destroyed the inside of the building.
Crews remained on scene battle the fire until about 5 a.m. According to the incident report, foul play is suspected and an arson investigator has been requested.
The building and its contents were valued at approximately $100,000 while the camper and its contents were valued at $8,000.
- New Virginia jury pays maid's fine after convicting her of stealing rings
- Updated 'Wise Works' program gives low-level offenders a second chance
- New Judge temporarily blocks new Trump rules on birth control
- Virginia governor proposes boost in mental health spending
- "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" opens Thursday with $45M