GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - According to Greene County Sheriff Steve Burns, a Newport Woman has been arrested on a presentment for first-degree murder in connection to the March 2012 "Highway 321 River Bridge Murders" where 21-year-old Terrence Logan Stewart and 20-year-old Courtney Amber Thompson were shot to death.
Officers from the Greene and Cocke County Sheriff's Departments took Teresa Miller of Clifton Heights Road into custody Wednesday. Her bond has been set at 500,000.00 with a May 3, 2013 arraignment date.
Also indicted on first-degree murder charges this week in connection with the deaths were Tabitha N. Whitlock
of Dulaney Road, Mosheim, James Douglas Black of Main Street, White Pine, and Christopher Allen Jones of 7th Street, Newport.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin