GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - According to Greene County Sheriff Steve Burns, a Newport Woman has been arrested on a presentment for first-degree murder in connection to the March 2012 "Highway 321 River Bridge Murders" where 21-year-old Terrence Logan Stewart and 20-year-old Courtney Amber Thompson were shot to death.
Officers from the Greene and Cocke County Sheriff's Departments took Teresa Miller of Clifton Heights Road into custody Wednesday. Her bond has been set at 500,000.00 with a May 3, 2013 arraignment date.
Also indicted on first-degree murder charges this week in connection with the deaths were Tabitha N. Whitlock
of Dulaney Road, Mosheim, James Douglas Black of Main Street, White Pine, and Christopher Allen Jones of 7th Street, Newport.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting