SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus says a woman, who police say was abused by her granddaughter, died.
Staubus says 75-year-old Deloris Shaffer was treated in the hospital for malnutrition, dehydration, and pneumonia.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office arrested 25-year-old Kayla Watson on Tuesday and charged her with willful abuse, neglect or exploitation of an adult.
Investigators believe Watson, Shaffer's granddaughter, was also her caretaker and failed to properly care for her grandmother.
We're told Watson could face additional charges.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated