Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has made a final decision when it comes to health care reform in the state.
Governor Haslam says the state will not participate in a partnership with the federal government in establishing a health insurance exchange.
He says the model does not address his concerns about, what he calls, misguided federal policies, aggressive timelines and a lack of flexibility.
Exchanges are online markets where people can buy individual private policies and apply for government subsidies to help pay premiums.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death