BLOUNT COUNTY, Tenn. - Four people are now facing charges in connection with a March 2013 boating death on Tellico Lake.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency says Eric Morgan, of Rockford, Cory Smith, Chelsea Briggs and Stephen Parker, all of Maryville, are charged with interfering-impeding in the accident investigation. Smith is also charged with the unauthorized use of an automobile or joyriding.
25-year-old Eddie Russell drowned when the canoe he, Smith, Morgan and Parker were riding in capsized in Tellico Lake, near the Harrison Branch boat ramp.
TWRA officers say there were no personal flotation devices on board the canoe.
All are scheduled to be in court in Blount County July 26.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial