FORT HOOD, Texas - The man charged in the shooting rampage at a Texas Army post in 2009 will stand trial in a court martial Tuesday.
Security is tight at the U.S. Army Trial Judiciary building.
Major Nidal Hasan faces charges in the tragedy that left 13 people dead, including Johnson County native Fred Greene, and more than 30 wounded on November 5th, 2009.
Many of those wounded are expected to testify. Hasan will represent himself at trial. If convicted, officials say Hasan would face the death penalty.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting