FORT HOOD, Texas - The man charged in the shooting rampage at a Texas Army post in 2009 will stand trial in a court martial Tuesday.
Security is tight at the U.S. Army Trial Judiciary building.
Major Nidal Hasan faces charges in the tragedy that left 13 people dead, including Johnson County native Fred Greene, and more than 30 wounded on November 5th, 2009.
Many of those wounded are expected to testify. Hasan will represent himself at trial. If convicted, officials say Hasan would face the death penalty.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy