FORT HOOD, Texas - The man charged in the shooting rampage at a Texas Army post in 2009 will stand trial in a court martial Tuesday.
Security is tight at the U.S. Army Trial Judiciary building.
Major Nidal Hasan faces charges in the tragedy that left 13 people dead, including Johnson County native Fred Greene, and more than 30 wounded on November 5th, 2009.
Many of those wounded are expected to testify. Hasan will represent himself at trial. If convicted, officials say Hasan would face the death penalty.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire