FORT HOOD, Texas - The man charged in the shooting rampage at a Texas Army post in 2009 will stand trial in a court martial Tuesday.
Security is tight at the U.S. Army Trial Judiciary building.
Major Nidal Hasan faces charges in the tragedy that left 13 people dead, including Johnson County native Fred Greene, and more than 30 wounded on November 5th, 2009.
Many of those wounded are expected to testify. Hasan will represent himself at trial. If convicted, officials say Hasan would face the death penalty.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman