MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A former youth minister charged with raping a girl beginning when she was 11 has been sentenced to eight years in prison after entering a guilty plea in the case.
Court documents say Shelby County Criminal Court Judge Paula Skahan told 40-year-old Carl Nathaniel Miller Jr. that he was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" before handing down the sentence on Friday.
Prosecutors say the crimes began in 2005 and continued for five years.
They said the victim agreed to the plea deal in order to avoid testifying in a second trial. The first trial ended in a mistrial.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport