MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A former youth minister charged with raping a girl beginning when she was 11 has been sentenced to eight years in prison after entering a guilty plea in the case.
Court documents say Shelby County Criminal Court Judge Paula Skahan told 40-year-old Carl Nathaniel Miller Jr. that he was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" before handing down the sentence on Friday.
Prosecutors say the crimes began in 2005 and continued for five years.
They said the victim agreed to the plea deal in order to avoid testifying in a second trial. The first trial ended in a mistrial.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone