MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A former youth minister charged with raping a girl beginning when she was 11 has been sentenced to eight years in prison after entering a guilty plea in the case.
Court documents say Shelby County Criminal Court Judge Paula Skahan told 40-year-old Carl Nathaniel Miller Jr. that he was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" before handing down the sentence on Friday.
Prosecutors say the crimes began in 2005 and continued for five years.
They said the victim agreed to the plea deal in order to avoid testifying in a second trial. The first trial ended in a mistrial.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane