MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A former youth minister charged with raping a girl beginning when she was 11 has been sentenced to eight years in prison after entering a guilty plea in the case.
Court documents say Shelby County Criminal Court Judge Paula Skahan told 40-year-old Carl Nathaniel Miller Jr. that he was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" before handing down the sentence on Friday.
Prosecutors say the crimes began in 2005 and continued for five years.
They said the victim agreed to the plea deal in order to avoid testifying in a second trial. The first trial ended in a mistrial.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City