KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A former University of Tennessee Foundation executive has been sentenced to 10 years and one month in federal prison on child pornography charges.
Bruce Downsbrough was sentenced Friday. In addition to the prison sentence he must also register as a sex offender and serve 10 years of supervised released when his sentence is complete.
Last fall, he plead guilty to receiving and possessing child pornography.
The plea came after federal officers raided Downsbrough's home in 2012 and confiscated a computer and 19 disks containing images of children under the age of 12.
Downsbrough was terminated from his position as chief operating officer after his indictment.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School