Nashville, Tenn. - A former state employee is facing a charge of identity theft trafficking.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says they arrested 24-year-old Steven Hunter of Hermitage on Thursday night.
The arrest comes after the Tennessee Department of Treasury notified Metro Nashville teachers last week that their personal information may have been compromised because a former treasury employee sent an email with the information to an unencrypted personal computer.
The file contained personal information such as Social Security Numbers and addresses of 6,300 metro teachers.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University