Nashville, Tenn. - A former state employee is facing a charge of identity theft trafficking.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says they arrested 24-year-old Steven Hunter of Hermitage on Thursday night.
The arrest comes after the Tennessee Department of Treasury notified Metro Nashville teachers last week that their personal information may have been compromised because a former treasury employee sent an email with the information to an unencrypted personal computer.
The file contained personal information such as Social Security Numbers and addresses of 6,300 metro teachers.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections