Sneedville, Tenn - Connie Renee Mitchell has been charged with one count of theft one $1,000. This comes after an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. We're told a 2011 audit of the utility district lead to the discovery of missing cash funds and personal checks written by Mitchell. Authorities say Mitchell later admitted taking the money to pay personal bills. She has since been fired from the utility district.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome