Sneedville, Tenn - Connie Renee Mitchell has been charged with one count of theft one $1,000. This comes after an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. We're told a 2011 audit of the utility district lead to the discovery of missing cash funds and personal checks written by Mitchell. Authorities say Mitchell later admitted taking the money to pay personal bills. She has since been fired from the utility district.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon