Sneedville, Tenn - Connie Renee Mitchell has been charged with one count of theft one $1,000. This comes after an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. We're told a 2011 audit of the utility district lead to the discovery of missing cash funds and personal checks written by Mitchell. Authorities say Mitchell later admitted taking the money to pay personal bills. She has since been fired from the utility district.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave