Sneedville, Tenn - Connie Renee Mitchell has been charged with one count of theft one $1,000. This comes after an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. We're told a 2011 audit of the utility district lead to the discovery of missing cash funds and personal checks written by Mitchell. Authorities say Mitchell later admitted taking the money to pay personal bills. She has since been fired from the utility district.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project