Sneedville, Tenn - Connie Renee Mitchell has been charged with one count of theft one $1,000. This comes after an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. We're told a 2011 audit of the utility district lead to the discovery of missing cash funds and personal checks written by Mitchell. Authorities say Mitchell later admitted taking the money to pay personal bills. She has since been fired from the utility district.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson