KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A former Tennessee Valley Authority Vice President has pled guilty to several charges that could land him in prison for up to eleven years.
The U.S. District Attorney's office said Masoud Bajestan admitted to unlawful financial investments in Iran, and two counts of filing false income tax returns
The 58 year old has also agreed to hand over $600,000 used in the illegal activity.
Sentencing is set for January 15 of next year.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims