BRISTOL, Tenn. - Katrina Banks Thomas was a star athlete at Tennessee High School, and she was even a three-time state champion in hurdles.
She went on the run track at Louisiana State University before she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Today, the disease has paralyzed most of her body.
And she's now writing a book about getting over the biggest hurdle in her life.
"God is up there, he does not put more on you than you can bear. I pray consistently, constantly and I'm thankful. I just want people to understand, it's going to be ok," said Katrina Thomas.
The book is entitled "Still in the Race".
You can meet Thomas at her book signing Friday at noon at the Slater Community Center in Bristol, Tennessee.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction