BRISTOL, Tenn. - Katrina Banks Thomas was a star athlete at Tennessee High School, and she was even a three-time state champion in hurdles.
She went on the run track at Louisiana State University before she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Today, the disease has paralyzed most of her body.
And she's now writing a book about getting over the biggest hurdle in her life.
"God is up there, he does not put more on you than you can bear. I pray consistently, constantly and I'm thankful. I just want people to understand, it's going to be ok," said Katrina Thomas.
The book is entitled "Still in the Race".
You can meet Thomas at her book signing Friday at noon at the Slater Community Center in Bristol, Tennessee.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex