BRISTOL, Tenn. - Katrina Banks Thomas was a star athlete at Tennessee High School, and she was even a three-time state champion in hurdles.
She went on the run track at Louisiana State University before she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Today, the disease has paralyzed most of her body.
And she's now writing a book about getting over the biggest hurdle in her life.
"God is up there, he does not put more on you than you can bear. I pray consistently, constantly and I'm thankful. I just want people to understand, it's going to be ok," said Katrina Thomas.
The book is entitled "Still in the Race".
You can meet Thomas at her book signing Friday at noon at the Slater Community Center in Bristol, Tennessee.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend