LA VERGNE, Tenn. - Residents in a neighborhood in La Vergne have reported sightings of a flying drone to police.
The flying machine was spotted on Thursday in the Knollwood neighborhood, spurring curiosity and concern about what the drone's operator was up to.
Neighbor Carolyn Hickerson said that the drone appeared to be taking pictures of people's homes. By Friday, police were asking residents to watch for remote-controlled aircraft.
Hickerson later saw a man she believes had been flying the drone up the street. He drove away in a silver Corvette with a Florida license plate.
Authorities said the drone may be in use by a roofing company planning to solicit to residents.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway