LYNCHBURG, Tenn. - One of the world's most famous whiskey-makers is getting a $100 million shot in the arm.
The parent company of Jack Daniel's announced a $100 million expansion of its Tennessee distillery today. The investment is the largest single production expansion in the 147-year history of Jack Daniel's.
It will add stills and barrel warehouses, as well as about 90 jobs, at the Jack Daniel's distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
Expansion work will begin this fall and is expected to wrap up within two years.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting