KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A senior judge will not give the families of a murdered Knoxville couple access to investigation files involving a former judge in the case.
Richard Baumgartner left the bench in disgrace after it was revealed he was buying painkillers from a felon in his drug court.
His drug addiction led to the retrials of two people in the torture and murder cases of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
We're told Judge Walter Kurtz on Friday ruled the Christian and Newsome families "lack standing" to ask for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation files on Baumgartner to be unsealed.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction