KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A senior judge will not give the families of a murdered Knoxville couple access to investigation files involving a former judge in the case.
Richard Baumgartner left the bench in disgrace after it was revealed he was buying painkillers from a felon in his drug court.
His drug addiction led to the retrials of two people in the torture and murder cases of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
We're told Judge Walter Kurtz on Friday ruled the Christian and Newsome families "lack standing" to ask for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation files on Baumgartner to be unsealed.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam